Skip to main content

Back To School Tips

Hey guys, as everyone is starting to go back to school (or may have been in school for a week or more), I thought I would share my study tips that I have figured out over the years. 
The main thing to keep in mind is to work first, and then party later. set yourself daily goals, split up the work you need to do. Then, once those things are accomplished, you have the rest of the night free. And if straight working is too much, do a reward system as you go (which I find most helpful). For example, if you have to read 5 chapters of a book, after each chapter, watch a youtube video, or catch up on social media, or even grab a bite to eat. 
Along the lines of setting daily goals, I love making lists. Just write out the things you need to do, and sort of plan them so that the hard or mandatory assignments are out of the way. Isn't it just so satisfying to see a long list be crossed off? These lists just help with prioritizing and can even help get ahead. 
I waited way to long for this one, but go to the library to work. Even if you don't need anything from the library, there is something about the atmosphere where it just makes you get stuff done. The things that would take 2 hours to do suddenly get done in an hour, it's crazy! 
This tip may not work for everyone, but I accidentally found out that rewriting notes is the best thing I ever did. I'm not too sure of the science behind it, but personally, I feel as if I'm memorizing the information without realizing I am. It's sort of along the lines of flashcards, but not broken up. I don't know, just seeing my notes look neater (I tend to write them large or sloppy in a pencil first time round, then smaller and neater and with pen as I rewrite), makes my mind happier and I just happen to memorize whatever I needed to know.  
 And if you are on a meal plan, or have to buy food for yourself, learn to stick to a budget. Last year I had a meal plan, and this year I need to buy food for myself so I know either situation well. Because of my schedule, I had extra meals the fall semester and not enough for the spring. Just put a cap on how many times you can buy a day, and if you dont spend as much, make sure that the next day you compensate for that. Or if you know you wont eat much on certain days, plan around that. It will just help with knowing that your money isn't wasted either way. 
Finally, save yourself a day of the weekend to hang out with friends. By the end of the semester, things can get chaotic, but if you save a day to worry about nothing, it will help your sanity. It's also something you can look forward to and motivate you to get everything done so you don't get behind. (I can't stress that enough).
So basically, keep on top of your work, but make sure there are a few hours a day at the latest to have to yourself or share with others. I hope these tips have helped if you have never heard of them, or if you have, I hope it's a nice reminder to get back into a school mind. 
What are your favorite study tips?
-Lexi

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…