Skip to main content

Favorite Store: AEO

So, I wanted to start a favorite store series. American Eagle is probably perfect to start out with since the majority of my clothes are from here... 


First, there literally isn't a thing you can't find in that store. AE has it all: tops, bottoms, skirts, dresses, jackets, shoes, jewelry, belts, undergarments..I could go on for ages! I think I own at least one thing from every possibly category at that store (or at least I did). My friends still joke with me about one day in middle school when we were comparing where we bought our clothes that we had on. I kid you not, except for my socks, everything else was from American Eagle and my friends got such a kick out of it. (And as I write this now, I'm all decked out in AE once again...)


Let's talk their top selection. When I first was introduced to AE, I was not too crazy about their shirts. I always felt like their tops and dresses were always hit or miss. But as I find my own fashion sense and find a happy medium with things and learn what shapes look best to flatter my figure, their tops are becoming one of my staples. AE recently came out with a new range of shirts (which the name escapes me right now..it's along the lines of soft & sexy, maybe... or maybe they just did a new look with their basics, who knows...) and oh my do I love them! Definitely one of the softest shirts I own and like basics do, they can be fancied up or dressed down. Soft and practical? What more can you want..?
Their cardigans and jackets are just to die for! AE is where it's at for oversized cardigans. And the cardigans are in many styles and textures and there are so many color options I go a bit crazy when it's the end of fall..


I can't forget to mention their pants! This is what made me fall in love with this store. I just find that their jeans fit so perfectly, and they can be so stretchy and it's no wonder why I prefer my jeans over anything else. There is also a huge selection between the kind of fit and the wash (I prefer anything that includes "stretch", "extra stretch", and their favorite boyfriend jeans are my absolute favorite! Don't get me started on how much I love their jeggings...)


Skirts and dresses are something I'm still testing out. I know the skater style looks best and I can't believe how many different dresses and skirts are in that style. Of course that's not all that they offer, but it's what I look for. 

And I cant leave out all the other wonderful bits! The jewelry is always so cute! I have a ring from here that I got about 9ish years ago and there isn't a day that goes by where I'm not wearing it. I also love their necklaces and earrings! AE's shoes are always adorable! I love their flip flops so much that I end up wearing them out within a year, so that't my one little warning. Basically, the accessories are awesome! I could also go on about Aerie, but that could be another post to talk about that magical place...

What is your favorite kind of item to get at AE?
- Lexi

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…