What tends to happen with the music I love is that I never give it a chance at first. Demi Lovato's Confident album was out since October but I only recently became obsessed. Here's a run-down of the album:
- Confident: This song is my jam! I love the instruments and beat which instantly lighten my mood and make me confident!
- Cool for the Summer: This was a summer hit. I'm a bit over it, but I'll sing along to it. I feel like it was a statement song in the fact that compared to the last album, it set a tone that this album would be different musically, which I really like. I love the bridge in the song and again the beat is just the best.
- Old Ways: This song is growing on me. Not one that's stuck in my head but I love the chorus to sing along to and for the beat change.
- For You: Another one where I just like the chorus but this is starting to play at work all the time and I find myself singing along so I must like it somewhat.
- Stone Cold: It's a different song but fits the album well. It showcases Demi's voice. I always think that I'm not a big fan of the song but then the prechorus and chorus play and I fall in love.
- Kingdom Come: I actually loved this song from the beginning. I could do without Iggy but the beat is so catchy and I have it stuck in my head for a while after.
- Waitin for You: Another one where the verses are a little odd but I love the chorus so much and this is another one that brings up my mood for some reason.
- Wildfire: I like this one. Not my favorite. It's on the slower side.
- Lionheart: This song right here is my favorite on the album. Okay maybe not favorite but I love it a lot. It's slower but I love Demi's voice. It's a cute reassurance love song.
- Yes: Now this is my favorite. It's so cool and different and I love the beat change and the snapping and the vocals and there is no meh moment in the song at all. Give this a listen!
- Father: This song makes me cry every time I hear it. Demi has this ability to put so much emotion into the song that you hear her on the bridge of crying and then the lyrics are so emotionally charged that after you listen to Yes and are on such a high, it's such a contrast that you just get very emotional. Then there's a little bit of a choir toward the end and it's just the perfect recipe to cry. Only listen when you need a cry.
Which song was your favorite?