Skip to main content

Music Monday: Confident

What tends to happen with the music I love is that I never give it a chance at first. Demi Lovato's Confident album was out since October but I only recently became obsessed. Here's a run-down of the album:

  • Confident: This song is my jam! I love the instruments and beat which instantly lighten my mood and make me confident! 
  • Cool for the Summer: This was a summer hit. I'm a bit over it, but I'll sing along to it. I feel like it was a statement song in the fact that compared to the last album, it set a tone that this album would be different musically, which I really like. I love the bridge in the song and again the beat is just the best. 
  • Old Ways: This song is growing on me. Not one that's stuck in my head but I love the chorus to sing along to and for the beat change.
  • For You: Another one where I just like the chorus but this is starting to play at work all the time and I find myself singing along so I must like it somewhat. 
  • Stone Cold: It's a different song but fits the album well. It showcases Demi's voice. I always think that I'm not a big fan of the song but then the prechorus and chorus play and I fall in love. 
  • Kingdom Come: I actually loved this song from the beginning. I could do without Iggy but the beat is so catchy and I have it stuck in my head for a while after. 
  • Waitin for You: Another one where the verses are a little odd but I love the chorus so much and this is another one that brings up my mood for some reason. 
  • Wildfire: I like this one. Not my favorite. It's on the slower side.
  • Lionheart: This song right here is my favorite on the album. Okay maybe not favorite but I love it a lot. It's slower but I love Demi's voice. It's a cute reassurance love song. 
  • Yes: Now this is my favorite. It's so cool and different and I love the beat change and the snapping and the vocals and there is no meh moment in the song at all. Give this a listen!
  • Father: This song makes me cry every time I hear it. Demi has this ability to put so much emotion into the song that you hear her on the bridge of crying and then the lyrics are so emotionally charged that after you listen to Yes and are on such a high, it's such a contrast that you just get very emotional. Then there's a little bit of a choir toward the end and it's just the perfect recipe to cry. Only listen when you need a cry. 
Which song was your favorite?

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…