This is a month over due, but since One Direction's last performance before their break was last night, it's fitting. Today it's all about their latest album, Made In The AM. I'm sure most of you have heard about it at the very least, but here's a quick rundown of my current thoughts about each song. It's been on repeat since it's release but since then I've switched up quite a bit on which songs are my favorite but there's no doubt that I love this album a whole heck of a lot.
1. Hey Angel: I wasn't crazy about this song at first. It's been compared to Clouds, which was on FOUR, and I had the same exact feeling towards that song as well. It's one that I need to listen to when I'm in the mood for it, or you hear it live. Currently I'm obsessed with Harry's solo in the second verse, so this song is up there for me, but I'm sure this will only last another week at the most.
2. Drag Me Down: This was out since August ( I think) and I was obsessed with it then, but not so much now. I loved that it was a different sound for them as they ventured into that dubsteppy kind of vibe and I just love the bass drop and Niall's part in the chorus. I still live for his solo, but I'm a bit over the song.
3. Perfect: Their second single. Again, it's very played out for me, but still has that sort of vibe that DMD has. It also reminds me of Taylor Swift's Style. It's got a great beat and Harry shines for me in this song.
4. Infinity: This was released around September if I remember correctly. It's their current single (or at least that's what I've heard that it will be). I wasn't in love with the song, but it's got cute lyrics and I love the chorus (again Harry's voice has been doing things to me recently). I also love the bass drop at the bridge, which is surprising to me as I don't usually like that type of music but I guess I make an exception when it comes to One Direction.
5. End of the Day: Now this is one of my current favorites. If you haven't noticed by now, I mainly focus on how the beat of a song is or how the artist's voice sounds. This song is purely beat for me. I love the switch up between the verses and chorus and it always puts me in a good mood. The claps in the beginning almost remind me of Happily, their song from Midnight Memories, and it's something about that upbeat music that you just can't skip.
6. If I Could Fly: Another one that I love. I didn't give much thought to it until recently, but their voices and harmonies are just so wonderful that you just want to cry. They sing about being vulnerable which just makes you emotional and it's so beautiful you just need to give it a listen when you're in the mood for a slow song. Also Niall's voice is raspy singing "right now" and that's all you need to hear to be hooked to the song.
7. Long Way Down: Another one I love but didn't appreciate. Again, I love it for lyric purposes and vocals. It's sad when you think about their break. Not a song I immediately want to play, but that's cause it's slower.
8. Never Enough: I loved this from the get-go! Very dance-y. Liam's scream in the bridge does things to me and I shouldn't be attracted to it but I am.
9. Olivia: I've died to hear this song since Liam leaked a bit of it. Another one I've loved since day 1. Another upbeat one. I love the chorus. It's so cute and I just want to be Olivia since One Direction will be obsessed with me. It compliment's Harry's voice a lot.
10. What a Feeling: Another one I didn't appreciate at first. Very catchy. Louis in the first pre-chorus is very nice. I'd love to be the person that this song is about.
11. Love You Goodbye: Aka the song that literally makes me want to cry every time I hear it. Louis wrote it and therefore it's about his breakup with Eleanor. A lot of emotion is in the vocals. It's Louis' song both lyrically and vocally and I just love it.
12. I Want to Write You a Song: Cute. It hasn't exactly hit me yet, but my friend loves it so it's definitely a good one! Louis in the chorus is very nice. That's currently the only part of the song I really like.
13. History: Another one I always loved. The beat mixed with the chanting chorus makes it a great happy song that gives you hope. It's just another example of a song with a double meaning and it's good to listen to whenever. I feel like this could be a hit-or-miss song as you either love it or hate it but give it time and I'm sure everyone will eventually love it.
14. Temporary Fix: Ya know, it's not like one I love, probably cause it hasn't "hit" me yet. I love the beat, but it's not one I want to have on repeat just yet. Definitely No Control-esque lyrically and vocally.
15. Walking in the Wind: A song I didn't think I'd love as much as I do. After just one listen, I had it stuck in my head. A lyrically sad song but more upbeat and I like the mix.
16. Wolves: My all time favorite song from the album. I know quite a lot of people don't love it, or at least don't love it at first, but just give it time, let it grow on you. The beat sold me right away. I haven't exactly delved into the lyrics, but I generally know it's about a girl being hit on at a club. Regardless, it puts me into a great mood. I love all their voices in the song. I think what makes me love it more is how different the beat is.
17. AM: Do I love it just because it's my initials? No, but seriously, it's a very true and great song. I personally love how they curse in the song. Another catchy but slower one and a great ending to the album.