Skip to main content

My Staple Makeup Looks

I've been wearing makeup since I was 13.  8 years later and I'm still wearing the same type of looks (with obvious better products and application). I thought I'd just tell you my timeless go-to's 
(I don't have pictures for this, but I'm sure if you go to my channel, you'll see examples in any video of mine)
The barely there look:
Usually this is when I have zero time to put anything on. It's the absolute basic but always subtly pretty nonetheless. Just a bit of blemish correcting concealer (like the Maybelline cover stick or Rimmel Cover the Blemish concealer). Then dust a powder over that (I'm currently using Rimmel Stay Matte). I'm not too fussed with my brows, but I always makeup sure I at least brush through them to tame them a bit and I'll simply use a spoolie to get the job done. Then I'll use a brush that is probably meant for blush or highlighter and just dab a bit of silver/white eye shadow and blend it all over the lid. And then after lashings of whatever mascara I'm using, I'll put on a pinky-nude lipgloss or lipstick on to finish the look. (sidenote: this is my base look and each following look is just a build ontop of this)

When I want to experiment with color:
I like to play up my eye makeup. The only difference is that I'll pick either blue or purple eye shadow and slowly build up the color after I apply it all over the lid. The silver eye shadow becomes the highlight and that'll be in the inner corner. And finally I match the shadow with a liner and just line my lash line on the top lid. 
As for experimenting with lip color, I'm still on that journey and it's not a staple just yet...

The glam look:
It's playing with my eye makeup some more. I'll simply use a sparked brown for the base, the silver shadow for the highlight, line my top lashes with brown..all the usual... but this time, I'll experiment with shadow in my crease and use either a darker brown, or use some sort of color, like a plum or navy. 


What's some of your go-to looks? 

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…