Skip to main content

Music Monday: 25

I finally got my hands on the Target exclusive version of 25 on the last day of 2015! This week will be more of a first listen as I've only heard the first few songs on Adele's 25 album but I'm in love with what I've heard so far.

1. Hello- This song never gets old. I believe it was out since October-ish...maybe..it felt like a while. It's her comeback song and it's beautiful and I try to sing along as the belt-y songs are always my favorite but I just sound like a screeching cat. If you haven't heard it yet, you must be living under a rock because it's played everywhere (and rightfully so!) This song also has a sorry message of the heart-breaker's point of view which is usually the other way around and I like that.

2. Send My Love (To Your New Lover): OH MY GOD. Who is this??? This isn't the Adele music I'm used to! It's more upbeat and the beat is funky and sounds more like festival music..I can't put a genre to it, but it's really cool. Really different. I like. I wanna know the string instrument that is used because it's not the usual guitar...Also the message is a little lost to me at the moment only because I'm so obsessed with the beat but I think it's the generic treat the new girl right kinda thing. 

3.I Miss You: Same festival like music with the beat but slower. I love the drums. Not a song I'd think would be stuck in my head but I can't stop singing it!

Okay we all know Adele slays on every song so each song from now on will be beat focused and any part that sticks out the most. 

4. When We Were Young: AKA my current favorite on the album. Like I said, I have a soft spot for slow belt-y songs. I love how you can hear how much emotion she has when she sings. I especially love the raspy-scratchy bits. The choir part at the end is nice. The key change is very nice. 

5. Remedy: This sounds like another song I love but I just can't put my finger on it...it's amazing regardless. I think the message is that she's convincing someone to go back to her...or to pick her cause she will cure all. I really like the little melody changes at the end.

6. Water Under the Bridge: Ohhhhhh I like this already. First time hearing this song (and the rest of the songs from now on). More up tempo. New Adele vibe is very nice. She's saying to just be upfront with her about your feelings but to be nice about it. Similar to Send Your Love with the echo-y harmonizing on the pre-chorus. It's a very cool sound. Woah a capella part at the end gave me chills.

7. River Lea: Interesting start. I expected that the chorus will be more of a build up and up beat and i was right and I really like it! More soulful. 

8. Love In the Dark: Ooh starting with orchestra sounds. The lyrics sound like the reason for why she's apologizing in Hello. Listening to those two one after the other might make you cry. I like the chorus.

9. Million Years Ago: Another different sound. Almost like a Italian or Spanish ballad. At least that's what it sounds like to me. The lyrics are very sad.

10. All I Ask: I like the piano part. Am I crying? Maybe. I thought it would be a standard slow song but oh my word it's so much more somehow. Her emotion is heard through her voice and it's making it much more sad. Another song where she knows she's gonna have a break up because of the other not feeling the same. But the bridge oh my. She just has the voice of an angel. 

11. Sweetest Devotion: What would be the last song of the album. Has that vibe that the other songs of the album do (the funky beat vibe) but another slower one. Still has a nice beat that gets kicked up in the chorus. I really love all the echo-y bits. What a way to end an album, especially after listening to All I Ask. Nothing sad. Pure love. I like a lot. 

12. Can't Let Go: The beginning sounds like River Lea. Not much of a build up in the chorus. I don't know how to feel about it. Not a bad song, fairly standard. The bridge sorta saves the song. 

13. Lay Me Down: Very old-school sounding. I can't put an era on it just yet. I really like it. 

14. Why Do You Love Me: I hear a cow bell! I like this right away! (Sorry I love up beat ones best). It's a gospel choir sound in the chorus and I really like that. She's saying don't get me wrong I love you and I want you to love me but I just don't know why. I think it's all positive lyrics? Everything about this is funky and different and cool. 

Overall an amazing album, just wish it was on Spotify for the world to hear...

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…