Skip to main content

Music Monday: Get Weird

I've finally got the time to sit and listen to Little Mix's album, Get Weird! I've been in a Little Mix mood lately so I've been dying for this moment. Here's my first thoughts on the album:

Black Magic- A song a knew from the summer. It's such a catchy tune. The video is adorable too! I feel magical just listening to it.

Love Me Like You- Another song I've loved for a while! I like the 50's feel in the chorus. I have to admit that the verses took me a bit to catch onto..but it's another catchy one and you'll be singing the chorus for days. Anyone else find it hard to understand what they're saying in the verses? Just me? Okay then...

Weird People- OOOOOH I like this!!! Very 80's feeling! Obsessed with the beat! Reminds me of when they covered Word Up! I feel like it'll be a nice anthem song like A Different Beat from their Salute album. I love love love the bridge! Beat switch-ups are my favorite. 

Secret Love Song- I've had heard snippets of this song before but now I'll finally hear all of it. First of all, the emotion with their voices make me want to cry. I can do without Jason DeRulo...but it's a beautiful song nonetheless. Of course I gotta make a comment about the beat, and I like how it's more upbeat for a sad song. 

Hair- Yet another song I've known for months. BUT that does not make me love it any less! I'm in love with the song. I love the lyrics and I love the beat. But can we please talk about Perrie slaying the "haiIiiiiIIiiiaaaaAAAr" part at the end of the second verse? It's my favorite part of the song, hands down. 

Grown- Immediately I love the humming in the beginning. I love love love this style of music. I love how diverse Little Mix is! I feel like it could be a song out of Grease! I can't stop dancing! I love the message of the song! Their harmonies slay me. 

I Love You- Reminds me of Secret Love Song. The lyrics sound like it should be a sad song. Yea it's a sad song, but yet it's still a bit up-beat. 

OMG- This reminds me of Britney Spears, but in a good way! I'm in love with the beat. This does not sound like Little Mix at all! It's a little bit of a Charli XCX vibe too? Either way, I feel like this will be another one that'll stuck in my head. 

Lightning- Very different from the rest of the album so far! I love it! WOAH THE CHORUS BEAT OMG. The bridge is very DNA-like!

A.D.I.D.A.S- I really like this 40s/50s vibe with the songs! Ahhhhhh Leigh Ann rapping!!!

Love Me or Leave Me- I think this song might be sadder than Secret Love Song. I like how this is the traditional sad song kinda beat. 

The End- LOVE ALREADY! The acapella bit! I love when Little Mix sing acapella. I already had heard this song before (right after Perrie and Zayn broke up and she cried) so I feel like I will always cry when she sings her solo). Yup crying like a baby. The foreshadowing kills me...

I Won't- More upbeat! Yay! I love the clapping kinda beat! I feel like this will be one of my pick me up songs! Love the message.

Secret Love Song, Pt II- I'll have to look up the lyrics for both later cause this sounds just like the first part. Maybe there is no Jason in this one and that's why it's different. If that's the case I'll probably love this one more. 

Clued Up-  OHHH I like the guitar! Not very Little Mix like! The harmonies I just can't get over how talented they are. 

The Beginning- Another acapella start! I'm in love! ITS ABOUT HOW THEY STARTED ON THE XFACTOR IM CRYING 

Final thoughts: I'm obsessed with the album already! It's so diverse and showcases their voices and the lyrics hit home with each song. 

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…