Skip to main content

Music Monday: Piece By Piece

I've been meaning to listen to Kelly Clarkson's Piece By Piece album for so long so this is way over due but after seeing her on Idol the other week, I got inspiration to make the time to sit down and give it a listen. So here's my thoughts on each song:

Heartbeat Song: I've known this for ages! It's upbeat and fun to sing and has a nice beat!

Invincible: This song has been out for a while too but I've only listened to it a few times. I like when Kelly has slower songs as it showcases her voice, but I love the message behind the song. It may be on my "pick me up" playlist!

Someone: Slower than Invincible. Still has a bit of an up beat though! 

Take You High: I've definitely heard this song before. I probably did not associate this with Kelly Clarkson. This album has more of a edm influence, like most music these days. I'm not the biggest fan of it only because I'm not a huge fan of the auto-tuney voice. 

Piece By Piece: I love this song! When Kelly sang is slower, I definitely wept like a baby. This is the kind of Kelly Clarkson we all know and love. 

Run Run Run: It sort of has the same feel as Piece By Piece beat wise, maybe a bit slower. Oh John Legend is in it. Kinda made me like it less...

I Had A Dream: Ya know I really like this. I love love love inspirational songs by Kelly. It's the mid-tempo kind of song that I will assume has a big build up for the chorus. Her vocals gave me chills so this gets a thumbs up from me!

Let Your Tears Fall: More upbeat than I Had A Dream. Another one of those "it will get better" messages that I just love. 

Tightrope: A sad song. I think it's a breakup song..or a near break up song. There's a lot of emotion and i'm getting quite sad just listening to the lyrics...

War Paint: I think I've definitely heard this song before too...I'm pretty sure that Ulta plays the majority of this album and I just didn't realize it. I like the message of the song, it's a nice beat but it's not one that sticks in your head. 

Dance With Me: As the title suggests, it's a dance-y song! I like it as I'm just in an upbeat mood at the moment. 

Nostalgic: I really like this for some reason. It must be the mix of upbeat tempo and killer vocals. It's what Kelly does best.

Good Goes The Bye: It's one of those upbeat sad songs. I don't hate it..the instrumentals remind me of a video game tbh but I like the melody so I'll let it slide enough for me to still like it. 

Bad Reputation: OMG THIS IS THE SONG I SING ALONG WHEN IT PLAYS AT WORK BUT I NEVER KNEW THE TITLE. THIS SONG IS AMAZING. MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM BY FAR. It has that kick-ass vibe with that rocky beat mixed with amazing vocals and it's just magic. 

In The Blue: I'm pretty sure I've heard this too or it sounds like another song from her. It's light and mid tempo and one of those "i cant forget you or forget Im supposed to forget you" kinda songs. 

Second Wind: The last song on the deluxe album. Ohh I really like this beat for a last song. It feels like it will build up nicely and WOW I love the beat switch up! It's another one of the empowering songs that I love so it's not a surprise that I love this but it's just different somehow and I think I'll end up loving this one. 

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…