Skip to main content

Your "Perfect" Blush Shade


I'm a sucker for most things beauty related, but when it's supposed to be your perfect skin match, I'm more cautious. The idea sounds amazing, but does it really work? Well when I come across a Tarte blush that supposed to be your perfect shade, I gave it a shot since I'm terrible with blush shades.

As far as packaging goes, it's adorable! The Energy Skintuitive Cheek Stain speaks for itself with pretty mixings of purple and pink with a twist up stick and the color is white, until your skin touches it.

As far as how well this matched my skin..well I didn't give it that fair of a shot (surprise, surprise). I've just been to the shore and I'm the tannest I've ever been in a long time. Add to the mix that I nearly forgot to apply this during my makeup routine, so the color probably isn't as true, which is odd since it's supposed to be the perfect shade... I am used to very slight blush colors. I've fallen in love with the rose gold type of blushes and I'm used to the very pigmented babydoll pink ones. This is like a step further. This shade was bright dark pink. I guess I'm just so used to a slight flush that it shocked me, but with blending, it wasn't as bad. Also the staying power isn't terrible, but putting a powder over it would make it last longer.

So far, this is a meh for me. I need to use it more and see how much/little needs to be applied and when the best time for application is. I'll make it work somehow...

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan September 2017

This past month, I've said goodbye to my red hair and reintroduced to the blonde life. I've also been surprised by using up various face products...
Joico Color Infuse Red Conditioner: THIS IS THE SOLE REASON MY HAIR HAD SUCH A NICE COPPERY RED HUE. Sorry for the caps locks but this stuff is the best ever if you have dyed your hair any shade of red. Even though towards the end of the month, the orangey bits shone through in the light, my hair had an overall redness to it that had everyone is awe. I swear it makes the red last longer or at least tone it beautifully. If I ever go red again, this will be the first thing I buy.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner ( .33 oz): I'm obsessed with this conditioner as well. Total splurge if I ever bought the full size but oh my I feel like my hair was thanking me for treating it with this conditioner. I truly had a perfect hair day after using this. My hair felt oh so soft and I couldn't have been happier!
Neutrogena Makeup Re…

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…