Skip to main content

11/24/16

I have come to love my so called "topper" colors. The colors I add to an eyeshadow look that makes it a bit different. This month I use the darkest color in my Smashbox trio for my golden look and I use the Urban Decay eyeshadow Tonic for when I go for a more purple look. 

The Bad: The only bad thing is that the Smashbox color is a tiny bit hard to blend out, and only a teeny amount is needed because it's a bit too pigmented. 

The Good: Oh my lord, lemme just say that Tonic is my absolute favorite color. It's my mermaid color. Duo chrome wonderfulness. I try to convince everyone I meet that they need this color in their life. It's perfect for an all over lid look or a splash of BAM on the middle of the lids. Or under the eyes. Or for a highlight. Just everywhere really...

Overall, I've had a great time using these colors this month!

PS: Sorry for the like billion posts in a day. This thanksgiving break has been a blur with working and obsessing over the Gilmore Girls reboot. I'm catching up so sorry in advance!

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…