Skip to main content

12/9/16

Today's post is about the highlight concealer that I'm using this month, which is Benefit's Ooh La Lift. Which, I've been informed by one of the Brow Bar ladies at work, that it's not a concealer, but it's supposed to lift and brighten. 

The Bad: If you use this like an under eye concealer, like I do, it has zero coverage. I know it doesn't advertise nor have the formula to suggest that, but I like a fairly full coverage concealer under my eyes. 

The Good: It does brighten, a bit. Apparently I have nothing to lift, so I see why that hasn't worked, but it does brighten. It's also a great base for any correcting powder, so that's a make-shift concealer in itself!

Overall, it's not targeted for my needs, so I don't see a ton of benefits, but what is targeted for me does work, so there's that! I just don't see me repurchasing this in the future...

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…

#ProjectPan April 2017

At this point I've nearly given up on predicting what I will end up finishing in a month, but I'll still try. As always, it's going to be filled with skin care and lip products, but they are the most important! 
What I used up in March: L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask (The Red One): Amazing. Gentle enough to use after using an exfoliating cleanser. Makes my skin super soft. Only downside is that it's a bit messy.  Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow Primer (Sample): The sample definitely had more than one use it in, but very glowy. Looks like you highlighted your entire face. Better for the dry-skinned people.  Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in Beige (Sample): When you build it up enough, and with the right brush, this can be a pretty full coverage foundation. Also a very dewy look.  Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment: This stuff was my holy grail for the longest time. The medicated part actually helps heal your lips and is perfect after a long day of using matte lipsticks. Also perfe…