Skip to main content

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.

Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I found laying in my room, it doesn't specify that it can be used on the face, but it also doesn't say that I can't...so this was my moisturizer. I thought it was a bit too heavy in the day but perfect at night (as I normally find with moisturizers). Although it worked well enough, it was a bit too thick for my liking and I don't see myself buying this again. 
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo: A holy grail dry shampoo in my book. This was the unscented one, but unscented has a scent of it's own and I much prefer the original scent. Regardless, it does the job without leaving white bits or making my hair feel even dirtier. 
Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum: I struggle with keeping my acne under control, and I've been prescribed retinols over the years, so this product was right up my ally from the get-go. The youth renewal part, aided to waking up with radiant and hydrated skin in the morning. I loved this, just wish the price was a bit less...
Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub: I really liked this. Great maple syrup scent. Made my skin soft for days.
Ulta Nectarine Rose Body Lotion: This isn't too bad, a tad bit watery for my liking and the smell is a bit intense, but I'd buy it again in a different scent! 
Benefit Porefessional Travel Size: This stuff lasted forever! I really liked this, as it smoothed my pores, which is what it's meant to do. 
It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream Sample: I was a huge fan of this. I love the coverage, definitely a medium to full coverage. I would definitely buy the full size in the future. 
Urban Decay One & Done Naked Skin Foundation Deluxe Sample: This is perfect for no makeup makeup days, or just the summer time. It's definitely a lighter coverage. I still loved it and would buy the full size in the future.
Ulta Plush Drama Mascara: I was pleasantly surprised with this. I tend to find that drugstore mascaras do wonders to volume or length, depending on what they claim, but it always ends up looking more natural than any prestige mascara I've tried. So it's a bit of work to carefully build up the mascara, but it's worth it when the removal is so easy. Not sure I'd buy this again, but I'd like to try other mascaras from Ulta. 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Warm Bronze: I'm positive I've reviewed her lip glosses before, but it's super hydrating, a tad sticky, really opaque. My only complaint is the color as it doesn't suit me. 
Bare Minerals Pop of Passion Lipstick in Nude Passion: This is a gel lipstick formula. Very hydrating, wore well, long lasting. Left a bit of a stain. Sidenote: Be careful when applying, I found that over-applying turned the color red?!? My lips were literally stained a wine red color for a few days, which is odd as this is a your lips but better color. Probs not gonna get it again. 
Benefit Hoola Lip Gloss: A tad sticky, browny color, tropical smell (not my fave), but as it's sticky, it's long lasting. 
Benefit Sugarbomb Lip Gloss: Same formula as Hoola, a pinky brown color that was beautiful, a sweet smell, only thing that stopping me from rebuying it is the packaging, it's a squeezy one. 
Buxom Full On Lip Polishes in Julie, Kelly, and Tonya (mini): Buxom lip glosses are my favorite. They claim to be plumping, but it's more of a minty effect of me. I like how it can be a sheerer shade, or build up to an opaque color. It's moisturizing and long lasting. Would totally buy again.
e.l.f Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick: I have this in three colors, all of which were used up: Sangria Starters, Pink Umbrellas, and Movie Star. I enjoyed using these, but I've had them for yonks so the formula has gone a bit gross. They're fairly sheer, but with layers come the pigment that the color on the tube suggests. I think it depends on the color, but how they wear vary. I find them fairly long lasting and hydrating, which is why I held on to them so long. 
Nyx Whipped Lip and Cheek Souffle in Berry Tea: I find this to wear identically to their Soft Matte Lip Cream. I have not tried this as a blush as it's way too dark. The color was a bit bright for a berry color. I'm undecided if I will re-buy in a different color, but there's a possibility as I didn't mind the formula.
Nyx Butter Lipstick in Berry Sweet Tart: I loved the feel of this lipstick, which applied and felt like butter. The color was buildable, and I enjoyed using this lipstick. Would probably buy again.
Prestige Total Intensity Total Wear Lip Crayon in Berry With Me: I was super impressed with this because of the price. I bought it for 50 cents, but I believe the full price isn't even 5 bucks. It really is total intensity and total wear. It might have stained the middle of my lips...but this stuff sure stays on forever and it has a soft matte feel. If I find it again, I'd rebuy it. 
Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie: This was a bit too slippery for my liking. It bled a bit, but at least it felt nice and the color could be built up. I don't even think this is sold anymore, but if it is, I probably won't rebuy it...
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 170: The color is super Barbie pink, but the formula really is moisturizing. This particular color has a very glittery finish, so it's not my favorite, but I might try another color in this range.
Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss: I would mention the color, but it got covered up, but it's a pinky brown that starts with a D. It's not a bad lipgloss, I actually find it similar to Nyx or Ulta's formulas. It just feels thick, very hydrating, but thick. I dont know, I wasn't that big of a fan. The only good side is that it does last several hours, even while eating. I'm unsure if I will ever re-buy this.
Ulta Butter Balm in Luna: This was a lipgloss that I first thought I loved, but now I'm not so sure. It's fairly opaque for a lipgloss but super hydrating, which I loved. It also wore nicely as it's hydrating, but the color itself was just a bit too pink for my liking. If I found a nuder color, I'd definitely buy it again. 
Urban Decay Lip Gloss in Savage: I love all Urban Decay formulas. Like all lip glosses are, it's a tad on the sticky side, long lasting (at least the feel if not color), and obviously wears nicely. Again my complaint is that when applied with a heavy hand, it's a bit bright, but I'd totally get another lip gloss from them again. 
Urban Decay Lipstick in Native: As I already said, and will say a thousand times, I bloody love all things Urban. So of course I love the cream formula of this lipstick. It's hydrating and long lasting. I found this particular one dried a bit darker than the bullet suggests and it wasn't my cup of tea. 
Chanel No 5 Perfume Sample: Fragrances are something you know you like or don't like straight away. This I wasn't a fan of because it smelt like old lady on me. It had a hint of floral, which I like, but the must factor (which I typically love) just went south and I smelt older than I looked. It did wear nicely though and the smell went less intense as the day went on (I also rub it between the inside of my arm so it fades faster by that method). 

Things I Want To Use Up Over The Next Month:
Dermalogica Pre Cleanse
Maybelline Fit Me Powder
MAC Eyeliner in Lord it Up
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream Sample

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…