Skip to main content

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 

Products I've Used Up:
Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again. 
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now. 
Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bit, and the squeeze tube wasn't my favorite as I never knew when I was truly done with the product. Overall, I haven't tried a Maybelline foundation that I didn't like, so I'd buy this again. 
Maybelline Fit Me Powder: I believe this is the original Fit Me. Before the Matte and Dewey. This tends to be more on the dewey side. Since I like a more natural or matte look, it wasn't my favorite. I also had an oil build up issue that I had to break and reform the powder (sidenote: that hack does work, but with my face powders, I've found it to bring a packed down loose powder type of effect, but over time it molds into a normal powder...). Let's just say I'm glad I'm done with it. 
Nars Laguna Bronzer (Sample): The Sample tricked me as I thought more used could be out of it, but there was really like 2 uses...anyway, I've had the bigger size of Laguna for a while now, so I know how it performs. For me, the color is barely a shade darker than my natural skin tone when applied, so I find that I have to use a heavy hand to see any type of sun-kissed glow. It's definitely more of a winter color. 
MAC Pearlglide Eyeliner in Lord It Up: I love any and all MAC eyeliners. I've used them since I first allowed to use makeup (12/13 years old). That being said, I have a hard time letting go. I had it down to the teensiest stub of a liner before I accepted that it's time to let go. The color is a beautiful sparkley dark brown. Basically the coffee pencil with sparkles. A definite fave. 
It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (Deluxe Sample): This is the one high end mascara that has the application of a drugstore mascara with that high end color. It's not hard to remove and flutters my lashes perfectly. Maybe it's the size, but with a week left to go in the month, I really started to notice how dry it got, typically mascaras don't dry that quickly. It's nothing a few drops of Visine can't fix, but it's something to note. 
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Glosses (Birthday Babe full size, Smooth Talker, Girl Next Door, Risk Taker, and Daredevil in .8 mL): I really like these glosses. They smell and feel identical to the Buxom ones, but thinking about it, I'm sure it's basically run by the same company, so that makes sense. Long lasting shine. Color lasts a while. Nothing to complain about. Would buy again.
Bare Minerals Pop of Passion Lipstick: I am most defs not a fan of this. It's the second one i've tried. The color is completely different than the color of the packaging suggests. Also this one in particular must of dried out because it was rank.  
Benefit Posietint and Benetint (2.5 mL): I'm not sure what I think of tints. They apply like a gloss but mattify in seconds. Posietint is more of a true pink, too pink for my liking, but when applied with gloss overtop, it was really nice. Was never a fan of Benetint. Too watery, and ends up just staining the middle of my lips. Don't know if I'd repurchase again. 
L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Tropical Coral and Rose Taffeta: I like how moisturizing it felt and the color lasted a good amount of time. My only complaint was that the color itself wasn't the most flattering on me. I like the L'Oreal Color Riche range though. Would repurchase. The Rose color is an old formula I believe, it was more drying, but the color was beautiful. Definitely a your lips but better shade. 
NYC Expert Last Lipstick in Snowcone (two of them): Similar to L'Oreal, I liked the feel and wear but not the color. Very frosty. Felt like I was back in 6th grade again. Might repurchase again in a different color.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan: I actually like this formula for a liquid lip. It's more of a mousse texture at first and then dries matte, but you don't feel that it's matte. My only complaint was the color as it was brighter/darker than the tube suggests, which I find happens a lot with NYX products. Would probably repurchase in a different color.  
Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in Think Pink: I am very picky with matte lipsticks. This actually didn't feel matte, which I liked. I didn't like how it dried to a color ten shades darker than the bullet suggests. I also didn't how it stained my lips for a week. Don't think I'll repurchase, but for what it costs, it's a great find. 

Products I want to use up by July:
No. 7 Serum Sample
Shiseido Eye Cream Sample
Mario Badescu Spray
It Cosmetics CC Cream Sample
Benefit Gimme Brow (maybe a stretch)

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan September 2017

This past month, I've said goodbye to my red hair and reintroduced to the blonde life. I've also been surprised by using up various face products...
Joico Color Infuse Red Conditioner: THIS IS THE SOLE REASON MY HAIR HAD SUCH A NICE COPPERY RED HUE. Sorry for the caps locks but this stuff is the best ever if you have dyed your hair any shade of red. Even though towards the end of the month, the orangey bits shone through in the light, my hair had an overall redness to it that had everyone is awe. I swear it makes the red last longer or at least tone it beautifully. If I ever go red again, this will be the first thing I buy.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Conditioner ( .33 oz): I'm obsessed with this conditioner as well. Total splurge if I ever bought the full size but oh my I feel like my hair was thanking me for treating it with this conditioner. I truly had a perfect hair day after using this. My hair felt oh so soft and I couldn't have been happier!
Neutrogena Makeup Re…

#ProjectPan October 2017

Of course as soon as I barely run out of anything last month, this month I'm running out of everything!
Products I've Used Up:

Zoella Beauty Ginger Cream: I got this during my winter vacation in London, where I went on a Superdrug hunt for any Zoella Beauty product I could get my hands on. This lotion is part of the winter collection, and was part of a set. I am not the pickiest with lotions, but I compare all to my holy grail, Bath & Body Works lotions. With this, a little went a long way. It wasn't a thick formula, and yet it was a crazy amount of moisturizing goodness in such a small amount. Super impressed. The scent itself was a bit too sweet at times, but the smell is definitely just like a gingerbread cookie. 

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo: LOVE the original! Probably my holy grail dry shampoo, even better than the Not Your Mother's one. Sucks up all the oil. No white residue. All good things, all good things...
Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray (0.5 oz): I p…

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.
What I've used up over the past month: Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof prod…