Skip to main content

#ProjectPan July 2017

As my stash somehow is larger than ever, despite my makeup ban efforts, I still only buy when I get those Ulta "free gift with any purchase" emails that sucker me in each time. I'm going to promise myself that unless I need a spare necessary product that I'm nearly out of, when I get those emails, I'll stick to racking up my lip balm collection.

What I've used up over the past month:
Joico Color Extend Shampoo: At first, I didn't mind this shampoo. But after the glaze on my hair washed out, I started to hate this shampoo. It just doesn't feel like my hair is clean at the roots. Apparently this is a common problem with color friendly shampoo, so I'm not mad about it, but now that it's done, I'm excited to try other shampoos that will make my hair feel like I got it done at the salon after each wash.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo (Sample): OH EM GEE. My hair finally felt like my hair again. I see people buy any and all Living Proof products but now that I finally tried it, I get the hype. Even just after one use, my hair has never felt more clean and soft. Truly life changing. Would totally buy a bottle for myself in the future!
dp Hue Daily Color Care Shampoo (sample): See I love the idea of sample but man oh man do we need a better way to package them. This in particular was a bit too big of a sample for just one use, but then not enough for two, and anyways, it's a rip off rectangle kind of sample, so it's nearly impossible to store once it's open anyway. Beside my packaging issue, the shampoo isn't bad at all. My hair feels clean and that's all I care about. If I get the chance, I don't see why I wouldn't want to repurchase. 
The Tan Towel (sample): I am not a fake tanner. I can't be bothered with it. But, the other day at work, I received a sample of the medium/dark version of the tan towel. I was told it's a clear formula, dries instantly, and develops in 2-4 hours. So, I thought it was easy enough. As for actual application, it really was super easy to use and didn't stain and dried almost instantly. The developed tan was so natural, I wasn't sure if I got more tan or not. I do look darker, that's for sure, but I didn't know why I expected to look like my sisters after they get a spray tan. I'm not orange or green tinged. It honestly looks like I spent a day at the beach. I am impressed. But those tan towels are a worth a pretty penny. I see people buy them at work, but these seem perfect for events where you want a quick tan, like a party or something.
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser (foaming formula): This was a standard cleanser for me. I especially liked how it took off the bits of mascara clinging for life on my lashes. Since it is foaming, it dried my skin a bit, but I use enough hydrating moisturizers and mists that I didn't mind much. Since it was only standard, I'm not sure how high on my repurchase list it will be.
Skyn Iceland Blue Clay Face Mask (sample): This was an interesting mask. I don't know what I expected. It was cooling, and made my skin feel refreshed. What I didn't like is that it never dried. It could be that I put a bit too much on, or it's not supposed to be dry? I'm not too sure, but I'm not sure if I'll buy a full size. 
Mario Badescu Rose Water Facial Spray: At first, I wasn't fond of the scent, and I wasn't sure if it was breaking my face out. I kept using it daily, and eventually my skin cleared and I got used to the smell. It's a cult favorite by many and I can see why.
Philosophy Time in a Bottle Serum (sample): Another sample packaging that I hate. I love anything with a pump, and I know that's totally possible with a sample serum. I'd even be okay with a pot, but squeezy tubes ain't the best. But, the serum was nice. I've tried quite a few serums in the past, and they all make my skin nice. I don't know how much of an effect they have, but as long as I'm not breaking out, it's a win win for me. As I tend to collect a bit of serum samples, I'm not sure I'll make the plunge to buy a full size. 
No 7 Lift & Luminate Triple Action Serum (sample): I think by now, I'd be beating a dead horse if I went on and on about how I hate sample packaging. Much like the philosophy serum, it felt nice. I know people buy it, so it must be good. As I said, I won't buy a full size as I just end up with samples that I don't feel the need to constantly have serums in my skincare routine.
Shiseido Wrinkle Resist 24 Eye Cream (sample): This is the first eye cream I've ever tried. I didn't know what to expect. I thinkkkkk it helped with the dark circles under my eyes, but it's a slight difference. I do think it added hydration to my eye area, which is one of the only dry places on my face, so that was a plus. Either way this is a crazy expensive and luxurious brand that a lot of people swear buy. Again, due to price, I won't repurchase. 
Ulta Eye Makeup Remover Pads (travel size): Considering I've rarely used makeup up pads/wipes before, these were okay. It wasn't the best shot trying them out as I'm 99% sure I'm using a defective Ulta mascara that is impossible to take off, but it took off the eyeshadow quickly and didn't leave my eyes dry or sticky. That being said, I'm not sure if I'll repurchase, but that's only because I'm not a big makeup wipes person.
It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ (sample): I've talked about this before. I love the coverage and how it makes my skin look. Unfortunate the sample shade is a bit too dark but I'd like to buy the full size in my correct shade one day. 
Ulta Amped Lashes Mascara: I am convinced I have a defective tube of this. From the unperforated wrapping to the glue like application, I knew this was bad from the start. As the mascara dried out, it was less spidery on my eyes and a bit easier to take off. It did nothing but make my lashes black. I already have length, so I look for volume in a mascara. Since it's claimed as amped lashes, I assume volume is key. As I already have long lashes, I didn't notice an increase in length. I won't rebuy this again, but I see customers buy this all the time, so it must be good and I must have gotten a bad one.
Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil (sample): I'm just very picky with packaging. Loose powders are so messy, but I think I made it work okay. This was a nice product that actually kept my skin feeling dry and not be eaten up by my skin. The tinted shade is too dark for me, but I'm actually trying out the regular mineral veil, so stay tuned for what I think about that.
Bare Minerals Pop of Passion Lipstick in Plumberry Pop: I've mentioned this lipstick before. Previously, I've found bad experiences with either staining or product itself being defective. This was actually the best of the bunch, but I still had slight staining, but since it was super hydrating, I let it go. Even though it's the best I've tried, the color wasn't to my taste at the moment. I'm not sure if i'll repurchase only since I've had problems in the past. 
NYX Pump it Up Lip Gloss: Me and plumping glosses just don't match. Not that I don't love the glosses, but the plumping effect never really happens. Maybe I'm just not allergic to the ingredients. (Fun fact, lip plumpers plump your lips because they give an allergic reaction) Besides the not plumping effect, this gloss is long lasting, but a bit drying. It was odd, maybe because it was my sisters and maybe a bit old, but either way it wasn't bad. Since I like to try it all, I might not buy this again, but in general, NYX lip products are really nice. 
Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks (Sample)(Firebird-metallic, Pandemonium-mega matte, Menace- Cream, Seismic-Sheer): In general, I love the formulas of the vice lipsticks. The metallics, sheers, and creams are pigmented and hydrating. The mattes are matte but don't feel it. However, there are some colors that are a bit patchy. Out of the ones I've used this month, only Pandemonium was the problem color. Either it clung to dry patches, or it was just a bit patchy in general. I won't fault Urban Decay that much, only because these are the sample lipsticks. I have to apply with a lip brush (which I hate) and the whole process it a bit messy, especially when more than one use is in a sample. I have several of the vice lipstick tubes and am more than pleased with each kind of formula, and I plan to definitely buy more in the future.

Popular posts from this blog

#ProjectPan May 2017

Me oh my am I determined to get my lip products under control. It's basically me decluttering at this point rather than actually using, but these lip products I've had for a while, so I don't feel as bad. Also, to sum up the lip products, unless they stand out to me as not wearing well (fading unevenly, clumping oddly, etc), or the color doesn't suit me, I generally love/make the color work. 
I've also used up quite a few skin care products that I wasn't expecting to finish.
Things I've Used Up:
Joico Color Infuse Red Shampoo: I bloody love this stuff. I claim this is the thing that makes my hair stay red as long as it does. Not only does it have color-lasting powers, but it cleans your hair and actually makes it feel clean. Huge plus in my book. I'm still undecided how long I want to keep my red hair, but if I ever decide to keep it, or go back to red, this is the first thing I'm gonna pick up.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This was a sample that I foun…

#ProjectPan June 2017

This month has been fairly tame with finishing things. I'm finding that I'm finally reaching the end of some of my powders and foundations. I'm also doing great with decluttering the lip collection. There's also a bit of face things in there, so hopefully a little something for everyone. 
Products I've Used Up: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse (30 mL): This is truly life changing. Well, not really, but it took off my makeup exceptionally well and I would happily repurchase this again.  Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream (1.5 mL): I liked how it made my skin feel, but if you over do it, it can still feel tacky in the morning, which wasn't fun. I'm gonna stick with my samples of serums and creams for now.  Maybelline Dream Pure BB: I'm not too fussed with foundations, so I got on with this fairly well. It's a light coverage, but with the right brush, it could be a medium coverage. It lasts a good while. My only complaint is that towards the end, it separated a bi…